The Active Directory Recycle Bin can be enabled to provide a process for restoring deleted objects.
The Active Directory Recycle Bin enables admins to restore deleted objects without having to restore AD DS data NTSD from backups, and then restart AD DS or reboot domain controllers.
Enabling the Active Directory Recycle Bin
- Open Server Manager, from Tools, select AD Administrative Center.
- Click on the DC Server and select Enable Recycle Bin and click OK.
- Refresh AD Administrative Center.
- Now, A new container added to the AD Containers “Deleted Objects”.
Only items deleted after the Active Directory Recycle Bin enabled can be restored.
- Create a new Test user and delete it.
- Restore the deleted user from AD Recycle Bin.